Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Stocking Up!

Yes, it is that time of the year where its time to buy veggies and fruit and preserve them or freeze them for the winter time!  Well Stephen and I went to the Farmers Market again and stocked up on Corn, green beans and blueberries =]  I cleaned and cooked the corn, cleaned the blueberries and froze them and did the same with the beans.  woot woot.  So now my freezer is full of veggies and some blueberries.  I think next week we will go and get some more blueberries or maybe even peaches.  hmm Im not sure yet.  We need some more beans tho. 
Blueberries mm =]
The blueberries where very good and some where so huge! woohoo!!
sweet corn =]
The corn was really good.  I fixed some of it one night for dinner.  I still wish I could get my hands on some Indiana Sweet corn from back home.  I love it.  Well we are good for now.

Oh I also got most of the Nursery done.  I got all the clothes organized and the crib together with a cute wall decal of a tree.  I just need to get some shelves so that I can put some of the things on them so they aren't sitting out on the dresser. 

1 comment:

  1. Who doesn't love fresh veggies and fruit? Stocking up is a great way to prepare for the fall and winter months.

    Also, you have an award waiting for you! Congratulations :)

    You can find the award at:
    http://simplesapphire.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete