Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trace Adkins "Just Fishin' "

 This song brings a lot of good memories back to me.
I used to go fishing with my step dad all the time.  We would get up really early and go out on the lake be out there til about lunch time.  Some days we caught some and others we really did catch but "weed fish" As i used to call them all the time.  Man I do miss those times so much.  I want to go back to those days when they were simple and things were better...
This is my Daughter when she went fishing.  I couldn't find any photos of me with my fish that I have caught :)
 
 
I'm lost with her there holding that pink rod and reel.
She's doing almost everything but sitting still.
Talkin' 'bout her ballet shoes and training wheels..and her kittens.

And she thinks we're just fishin'.

I say "Daddy loves you, baby" one more time.
She says, "I know, I think I've got a bite."
And all this laughing, crying, smiling, dying here inside is what I call living.

And she thinks we're just fishin' by the riverside, throwing back what we could fry, drowning worms and killing time.
Nothing too ambitious.
She ain't even thinkin' 'bout what's really going on right now but I guarantee this memory's a big'un.
And she thinks were just fishin'

She's already pretty like her mama is.
Gonna drive the boys all crazy, give her daddy fits.
And I better do this every chance I get cause time is tickin' (yeah it is)

And she thinks we're just fishin' by the riverside, throwing back what we could fry, drowning worms and killing time.
Nothing too ambitious.
She ain't even thinkin' 'bout what's really going on right now but I guarantee this memory's a big'un.
And she thinks we're just fishin'.

She ain't even thinking bout what's really going on right now but i guarantee this memory's a big'un.
And she thinks we're just fishin'.

Yeah
Ohh she thinks we're just fishin'.
We ain't just fishin'.
This ain't about fishin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment